Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlik View Post
In defense of walkera I disagree with jasmine's oppinion of "crap electronics". They used to have a reputation for real garbage, but I think they improved in that area a lot. Not saying it's the best on the market, but crap might be a little harsh. Just my oppinion - I respect jasmine's oppinion, I just don't totally agree.

On the other hand, I did a quick search of the micro section and the first reference to the blade MCX was in 2008. I assume this is it? If so, the heli, and parts are still available.
No I love it when people disagree and can back it up. My opinion of Walkera electronics is based on fairly limited experience with them. Every time I've worked on one, I've found something wonky in the servos, receiver, or radio. In all cases except once when the servo was stripped, we were able to fix the issue and get the thing to fly. I have not worked on any recent models though - and it's possible they have improved, I just don't have the information to say one way or another.

The mCX was released October 1, 2008 - that's when it got to the hobby shop anyway. The parts from the current version will mostly work on the old one.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501