View Single Post
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:29 PM
Find More Posts by steliosh
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,469 Posts
despite what I said above about the use of the front brake, I admit I have used it (but... very little and with no competition).
I used it when I removed the Stock (13.5t) motor and installed a Nosram ESC and a 5.5T motor. The bike was heaps faster, as expected, and with the front brake, it helped the bike to "tuck" to the inside of the turns, even approaching the end of the main (75m!) straight at full speed, I just braked lightly and it showed that the bike decelerated visibly more than what it would with the rear only. And keeping braking deep into the turn (with the front brake at just 30%) it would help tighten the line if needed, even at full lean.
Oh and with soft Roadies mounted!
And after two batteries my "brake kit" servo just died... I have ordered a digital MG Ace replacement, so I'm just waiting for this to run the bike again...
In the meantime, I bought a 2nd SB-5 kit, so I re-made the first bike a Stock bike, and installed the pistol HK radio and the 5.5T/Nosram to the new bike! Now, this bike is waiting for a brake servo!!!

PS: Does it make any sense?!!! )
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh