View Single Post
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by jsipprell
Joined Jul 2011
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Yeah that... I have read what I could find about it and I can't see any fundamental difference between it and FASST. I wish they would explain that stuff for those of us who might understand it. I understand that it involves trade secrets, but the signal is out there and anyone with the right equipment could decode it and figure out how it works, so there's no reason for them not to tell us what it's doing.

At least they are using the acronym in the accepted way (FHSS has always meant "frequency hopping spread spectrum")
There's also S-FHSS, although I can't really determine what exactly the difference is between FHSS and S-FHSS, perhaps one of them is for park flyers.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the name FHSS meaning that the modulation is actually FHSS. After all Hitec called their technology "AFHSS" and it's definitely DSSS (as well as being "adaptive" only in the loosest sense of the word). If Futaba's FHSS is true FHSS, I'd be curious about its performance at significant range (that may be why it is relegated to the "economy" market).
jsipprell is offline Find More Posts by jsipprell