View Single Post
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by bill_delong
Did I make the A Main?
Austin,TX
Joined Mar 2009
1,513 Posts
Since 2 Wheel Hobbies is out of stock for the PMT 200 front slicks and they are closed through Veterans Day, I placed an order from here:
http://www.shop.gotnitroonline.com/M...Wheels_c71.htm

They charge a few bucks more, but shipping was only $3, plus they have the tires in stock

I plan to dunk the stock SB5 wheels in acetone to remove the original tires and recycle the wheels. The PMT tires that I just ordered seem to come with inserts so that's a nice bonus.

Thanks for recommending the best tire for me to go with.

I was planning to order the SB5 front brake kit next, do you find that it is not necesssary, or will this really help me get a tighter turning radius which may be necessary since I'm going to be racing on a smaller 1/10 track?

I think I am going to be the only one showing up to the track with a bike for now, but if I can get this baby dialed in, I'm sure interest will spread, there are a lot of racers at my local club who travel all over the world to race, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to get a nitro 1:5 bike too, ha!

It's going to be a challenge as I will likely have to race in the novice class with my SB5 and it will be interesting as I try to dodge the young kids with trigger happy fingers, doh!
bill_delong is offline Find More Posts by bill_delong