Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:58 PM
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
11,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYTILIDIE View Post
yep , i was right . No wonder you left Waltham Chase , there flying fields miles from Latvia . We went flying at all those sites you mentioned together - in fact i still see one of your best mates - Roger - who now has an obsession with helicopters - got it yet ???????????????
I'm terrible with names ... but Tony ... Howard ... Roger .... Paul ... Steve .... all come to mind.
Roger was messing about with an Aerobatic job shortly befre I left .... he also tried flying a Big Zlin at LeeBees for sadly one of our guys who passed away .. cant remember his name but he had a VW Camper and ran Bunce's Model Shop at the end. He had my Lancaster plan as we were talking about creating a Lanc for the WCA team ...

Howard was developing his mini models around 049's at the time ... but of course he was a master of the Thermal Gliders !

Paul Bateman of course left for Isle of Wight ... but before that he helped with my Club 20 until a Beaulieu guy became my launcher ... the Bieulieu guy went on to the Formula 40 stage.

I would like to get in touch with Tony Butterworth as he kept my Zlin Akrobat plan .... would love to have that back and convert to electric.

I have emailed you via RCG ... hoping we can chat .... it's killing me trying to figure who you are ... as not many WCA went with me to Beaulieu ....

You must remember my Skymaster Biplane then ? and my piped 61 powered Wot4 ?

as I was then !! a few kg's lighter ....

You might like to check out my Youtube channel : 'solentlifeuk' .... it has various WCA and other vids uploaded ... shows Howard, Roger etc. AND the Formula 40 Midget Mustang I had ....

Cheers
Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Last edited by solentlife; Nov 01, 2012 at 09:20 PM.