Find More Posts by ChopperJack
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,846 Posts
Five Blade Head Alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Don't worry about the phasing being off a few degrees. All this is going to do is effect your control response a little bit. If it's off in one direction it will respond slower and with more delay. If it's off in the opposite direction your controls will respond faster. Blade phasing is kind of like a control delay because human response time is not quick enough. Or something like that. I don't really know what I'm talking about.

The servo arms are a pain, and always will be. Your best bet is to try hand fulls of servo arms, or try to move the internal gearing inside the servo so that the neutral point is closer to 90. You can do this by pulling the main spline gear out of the potentiometer and rotating it by 90 degrees and trying the horn. Rotate another 90 degrees, try horn. I really can't think of one 3 axis gyro that won't act up if you use trims or subtrims. My beastX gyros warn that it will case the gyros to confuse them for YOUR inputs and it could cause a crash. Walkera just does not document anything at all. But i know many people argue this point. But I've flown the 4f200 with misaligned servo horns so many times, it really doesn't matter as long as your get it close and the travel is in line the whole path. Good luck with it either way, i know it's a pain working on these damn servos.
I removed the modified feathering shafts and installed the stock feathering shafts. They come with washers which I found unnecessary. I used thread lock on everything being careful not to allow any thread lock on the bearings or shafts. That prompted the following.

Here is what I came up with. As to servo arm 90 degree adjustment, the best I could do was to set ELEV subtrim to U25 and AILE subtrim to L68. That got the arms close to 90 degrees. I gave the starboard side servo link one twist in making it slightly shorter. I think this is as close as I'm going to get it for now. I'm sure I will need to make additional adjustments.

As to phasing, not much I can do about that because there is a pin going through the main shaft which locks the swash follower (normally used to adjust phasing) in place. As you can see from the pictures, phasing isn't off much.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack