View Single Post
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:29 PM
Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
United States, SD, Custer
Joined Feb 2011
6,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Congrats. Really excited to watch this get off the ground and be able to support someone that is a huge part of this community.
Thanks JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
From my personal business experience it's better to announce such ventures, when you have everything setup and ready to go with website and all the stuff

Just my 0.02c and i'm sad that won't be your customer unless i move to US
For me it's making a mental and personal commitment that I have to hold myself to, driving the need to succeed. It's like making a decision to cross a faulty bridge that's about to break knowing that you can't turn back once you've started crossing it because I can never go back to corporate life again. I also needed some excitement to prevent depression from being laid off, which I haven't had to go through in 17 years.

If it turns out that we can get you items cheaper and\or more timely than what you can get now, or if you're buying from us because of the service, then we can do international, but we want to focus on our US customers first and get established and make sure we can comfortably accomodate them so we don't stretch ourselves thin.

What I don't want to happen is that we say to the US market we're starting up mainly to service them and then all our inventory gets shipped international. If business takes off, and we know we're on the right track, we'll order alot more stock to accommodate international orders so that domestic availability isn't affected.

I've paid the additional fees to get the LLC expedited as I really want to get to work on the website now that the initial order is in.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: MassiveRC ZMR PDB