Thread: Cool Concept Xtreme 2
View Single Post
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:35 AM
Find More Posts by Fly2High
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
Now I know what Roland and Mong feel like. Hurricane Sandy ripped up Long Island pretty bad. within 1 block of my home, 9 trees are down.

One of them in my back yard. 70ft Oak tree took out the pole, transformer, power lines, and all telecommunication lines (Verizon, cablevision and regular phone).

I was about to go out to remove a propane tank when I doubled back in to get a wrench. That is when it fell. Just missing the deck I would have been on. Wife and daughter saw it fall and screamed, 'Frank, Oh my God It is Falling!!!' I ran up stairs just as the power went out.

Had to call the fire dept 5 times to report a fire in aa neighbor's yard from the downed lines. The tree was glowing red from the line being draged and stripped through it and was risking of a fire. Luckily it never caught fire but the bushed below did several times.

Luckily everyone is safe and no damage to the home. Just need to wait for power to be restored.

I know I said I wanted the full Roland experience when I purchased a CX2 but Now I can say I HAVE THE FULL EXPERIENCE!!!

Frank
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High