View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:35 PM
Find More Posts by DGrant
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,532 Posts
Pic #1 Trimmed up a bit. This gives a good perspective of how simple it really is. You can see the differentiation of the Gray and White stars as they're cut and layered on the base colors to give that depth.

Pic #2 This angle gives a very good effect. I'm very pleased so far.'

At this point, after seeing what the first half of the wing looks like, I can move on to the other half, which will be a continuation of the trans Red bars.. of course with some Gray depth-lines underlying.. I'm hoping I can get the other half to unfurl just a tad more.. which should give a really nice balance one half to the other.

The wing will be the "major" graphic on this plane. I will do some smaller stars and striping, all hand cut from Monokote placed around the plane for accent purpose, right now its all still in my head anyway. I love working with films, as there's so much one can do with it.

Striping down to 1/8" or so is a walk in the park.. and it all matches very well when you can do that. A big key is being set up for it, with a decent size piece of glass to work on. A proper T-square that works with the glass to give consistent cuts for your striping is a great tool, as well as a few sharp X-actos, and a stone sharpener will keep your knife in good shape.

I'm hoping a few are still following here.. but there'll be more soon to come I think.
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant