Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:29 PM
Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
8,580 Posts
Programming the Gaui/Hobbywing 100A ESC

Programming the Gaui/Hobbywing 100A ESC

Okay, after my strap down test i was concerned that the RPM on the main rotor might be too high. I checked it later with an audio analysis of the strap down video. I was running 2568 rpm approx. @ 95% throttle. Something like that. So it's looking like the ESC's Advanced timing is good at 15. But, there are settings on the ESC which should be changed. I asked around a few people and did a few google searches. MANY people are just using the default setup at 15 and 12khz PWM. I want to thank newbheliusr for his help with the setup of the X5, mainly the Microbeast programming and the consultation with the ESC, even though he is using a CC ICE on his. Without his help the uBeast and the over all servo horn configuration and install would have been much more stressful. So a major thanks to him for that! After talking it over with him. Between my experience with the Hobbywing 40A Platinum pro esc and his research and past experience over at HF reading those X5 threads. These are the settings I decided to use/change for the Hobbywing/ Gaui 100A ESC.

Start up: Very Soft
Advanced Timing: 15
PWM Frequency: 8KHz
BEC Output: 6V

I always use my TX for ESC programming. I cut these little snips of the ESC manual so i can print them and bring them to the field like this. But now i just have the PDF on my smart phone. So i attached the PDF here too if you want to view/download it. Though at some point gaui/hobbywing may update the manual. It's very unlikely to change much.

IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk