Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:57 PM
Find More Posts by LowlyElevated
Team PeasantCopter... kind of.
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
2,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
I have a lot of test stands for my engines-A Piper Cub,a Fairchild,a Stinger,....

Could be your tuning needs some adjustment...

I've never been able to make a K&B .61 run badly.New fuel,new glow plug,lean out,then 3 clicks rich,and stand back.

If you made it back all the times it quit,you should be 'way confident now....'course if the engine's still running when you try to land,then you'll have to learn how to do that....

Try to be sure your test set-up is matched to the model as much as possible-tank height,distance to carb needle valve from the front of the tank,pressure lines,etc. Don't forget cowlings can affect the engines' running also.
Well, tank height might have something to do with it - its hard enought to fit a tank intended for .60 size engines into the front of a 40 size stick in the first place, and thats forgetting alignment to carb.
Being that it is a stick, there is no cowling.
Its also good to remember that my paarticular specimen has been sitting since, oh, sometime around the late '70s and was run for the first itme a couple of years ago, and then put into storage for another year before I got it.
LowlyElevated is offline Find More Posts by LowlyElevated