View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:47 PM
Find More Posts by 4stripes
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
4,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchy View Post
I have a number of the top linked ESC running 6 and 7S. It can have issues with the heat sink touching the motor wires (had a few). Best to cut the heat shrink off before using. Remove heat sink then glue to the components with a thin layer of JB weld glue. I usually file some metal away that would be too close to the motor solder joints. If not the heat sink gets close to the cap solder joints if it is slid over (to miss motor joints). I try not to get too much JB weld squishing onto the electrical connections.
The ESC is also best manually programmed with a 2S battery although I have done it many times on 6S. Most of mine came programmed correctly with 6 options but I did get a couple that were basic and only had 4 options. Different programming needed and no option to change timing or PWM.
Haven't tried the second ESC except in an 85A model. My 85A type had high failure rates.
The 3rd one I have bought 4 and only 1 still works, even though they had excellent cooling and never exceeded 100A load.
I would pass on it.
The fourth model I haven't tried.
4stripes is online now Find More Posts by 4stripes