View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:33 AM
Find More Posts by Smurfmacaw
San Diego
Joined Jan 2008
457 Posts
I can finally move!

I guess I need to get back on the horse and get a little more exercise. Thought I was going to die the first day but by the grace of God and a pocket full of motrin the second and third day I was able to shag lines relatively pain free.

Thanks to everyone for letting me attempt to fly with the big dogs. I was very happy with my speed runs, even the one where I got discombobulated and redefined the course

Distance was as usual the most fun and the thermal flying was a complete beech in totally light air.

The big thanks goes to the helpers that made it possible....that is where I usually doing my thing and now with the pilots perspective I can really see that this would be impossible without them.

Especial thanks to Mike Lee who put up with all the pilots sheet with good humor and calm competence. Totally cool competition.

And finally the biggest thanks of all to Kyle who twisted my arm and got me out there in the first place. It's been a long time since I flew a glider at all, much less F3B style flying. I'm revved back up and anxious to fly some more now....well as soon as I get my other Target back from Alvaro (hint hint dude) and get the one I broke fixed back up....luckily not too difficult of a fix I think.

Those Precisions were looking mighty fine out there.....I'll have to see how many pennies I have left over after christmas and maybe a pair of them will suddenly appear in my quiver.....orange of course so they blend in with the rest of the planes

It was fun flying with Don and Paul, I learned a lot about reading air from you which I'm sure will improve my other glider flying.

thanks again to all

Mike Murphy
Smurfmacaw is offline Find More Posts by Smurfmacaw