View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:28 AM
Find More Posts by Snowman44
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
Skylipo Batteries

This is a very interesting thread my buddy and I both recently ordered a batch of 8 5S 5000mah 30C Sky packs. We combine 2 packs to make 10S packs to fly in our 2 meter pattern ships. To this point we have not had any packs puff but the IR numbers are reading very high in comparison to the blue lipo packs we used last season. We were able to get a solid 80 cycles out of blue lipo packs and they seemed to be very consistant. I am afraid it is not going to be the same results with the Sky packs based on what we have seen so far.
The IR numbers we are seeing vary from 5.5 up to almost 8 and that is within the same pack.

I have 3 sets of Flightpower 10S packs that are 3 years old that I got in a trade. They had never been used, still new in the package, I just charged them up and started using them. The IR numbers are from 1.9 - 2.1 per pack.

I waited on hold for a solid 30 minutes yesterday to try to speak to HobbyPartz about my concerns and never got through. This was very dissappointing.

I am pretty sure they aren't going to make good on the packs and it just reconfirms what I have always known.

You Get What You Pay For.
Snowman44 is offline Find More Posts by Snowman44