Thread: Mini-Review Dualsky XM5015TE-xx series
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:24 AM
Find More Posts by ViorelX
Romania, BV, Brasov
Joined Apr 2010
18 Posts
Very interesting and very good news that such 24N28P motors are finally available on the market. So far I have got a few pieces NX-4008, with 24N22P configuration from hobbyking:
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=17924
They are good motors too. I have rewound them, put on EasyGlider and tested with large propellers (13x11 up to 18.5x15). They perform good. On 13x11 propeller I put up to 250W input power (Kv=1000rpm/V and 2s battery) and get excelent speed and climb rate. On 18.5x15 (and Kv=500, 2s battery) I use no more than 100W average input power (for several minutes of run whitout heating) and still get good climb rate and appropriate cruising speed. The greatest thing I get with this large propeller is efficiency: with a 2s 2.2Ah I can fly up to 1h. Last time I flew with 16x13 Aeronaut CAM propeller with the Kv=500 motor and 2s battery. I get satisfactory climb rate (maybe 3-4m/s) and best battery life.
I don't have devices for dynamic measurements and I have no idea what their efficiency is, but I'm very interested to find more about.
I am happy with these motors from Hobbyking, but I am a bit frustrated that they have only 22 magnets and I don't understand why they are not produced with 28magnets, to perform even better on such large propellers.

Your measurements above reffer only to magnetic loss on no load run. I am wondering about the level of magnetic loss both as a function of speed and load, and of course the overall efficiency as a function of speed and load.
ViorelX is offline Find More Posts by ViorelX
Last edited by ViorelX; Oct 31, 2012 at 05:42 AM.