View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:45 PM
Find More Posts by jj604
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
8,249 Posts
That is correct.

They are both excellent products but they are different. The Blue Light is a very professionally designed, manufactured and presented 3 axis rate gyro but it does not have the auto levelling capacity of the Guardian. It has astounding configuration flexibilty and software support though.

I have both and like them both.

Neither are in the same class as the cheap 3 axis gyros - particularly the primitive HK Orange one. But hey they aren't as cheap either!

There's something for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
They are not comparable units. The Iceman doesn't have inertial sensors and can not maintain a heading, or know its position in space. It is just a 3 axis gyro with excellent software and flexibility. The Pro version will be able to do everything the guardian can do, plus much more, at a much higher price. As far as sensors go, the Iceman is more comparable to the $38 Eagle A3 Pro. However it has far superior software and support which easily make it worth the extra $20.

Is my understanding correct here? Please correct me if I misstated, but this is an apples and oranges comparison, except for the packaging critique.
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604