Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:55 PM
Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
8,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post
I doubt I will venture any farther than pod and boom. I just want to get some five blade flying experience pursuant to reinstalling five blades on my HK(mostly Align) 600-GT which has MD500D fuse patiently waiting. I'm very slow about getting flight time on the 600 with two blades. I had to remove five blades primarily because of transportation issues.

I have noticed the blades on the stock 4f200 are over twice the width of the 200SD5 blades. I'm thinking lift will be close to the same maybe. Also, phasing is locked down not adjustable. It is close to being set at 90 degrees but a bit off. I am hoping this will not cause a problem.

My biggest problem so far is getting the servo arms set at 90 degrees. Mechanical adjustment is out of the question so I have to resort to subtrim which acts a bit crazy. I can get the arms as close as possible to 90 then when I turn it off and back on, the right servo drives all the way up and left down some. But, this is consistent every time thereafter. So, I am thinking I will find an intermediate position which will result in servo arms at 90 after rebinding.

Parts are available from WalkeraHelicopterSupply.com and WOWhobby. I have found that Dave at WalkeraHelicopterSupply can order anything you need. He was out of stock on 200SD5 feathering shafts until he found out I needed five of them. It took about two weeks but he restocked and I received parts yesterday. I am relatively sure since I bought most of the parts from him I am now recognized as a customer in good standing.

I grew impatient in the mean time so decided to cut the 200SD3 feathering shafts down I had ordered as a substitute. I cut them to the exact length of the 200SD5 shafts which is 7.25mm. Only problem is you are left with about three good threads after shortening the shaft and screws. The 200SD5 shafts even though shorter have way plenty of threads. I will be removing the modified feathering shafts and installing the correct ones. I don't trust three threads no matter if they are thread locked or glued.
Don't worry about the phasing being off a few degrees. All this is going to do is effect your control response a little bit. If it's off in one direction it will respond slower and with more delay. If it's off in the opposite direction your controls will respond faster. Blade phasing is kind of like a control delay because human response time is not quick enough. Or something like that. I don't really know what i'm talking about.

The servo arms are a pain, and always will be. Your best bet is to try hand fulls of servo arms, or try to move the internal gearing inside the servo so that the neutral point is closer to 90. You can do this by pulling the main spline gear out of the potentiometer and rotating it by 90 degrees and trying the horn. Rotate another 90 degrees, try horn. I really can't think of one 3 axis gyro that won't act up if you use trims or subtrims. My beastX gyros warn that it will case the gyros to confuse them for YOUR inputs and it could cause a crash. Walkera just does not document anything at all. But i know many people argue this point. But i've flown the 4f200 with misaligned servo horns so many times, it really doesn't matter as long as your get it close and the travel is in line the whole path. Good luck with it either way, i know it's a pain working on these damn servos.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk