Thread: Build Log Nan Orion
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:51 PM
Find More Posts by ditman
Spain
Joined May 2011
36 Posts
Hi Dick,

Thanks a lot for the helpful comments - at my age I gratefully take whatever comes my way

Concerning the motor: hey man, I honestly never expected anyone to actively search for a solution - this is something I have to do

It's just that with the Internet I have been (pleasently) surprised many times by someone who comes up immediatelly with an answer to a question, since they have already coped with the same issue. No luck in this case, though

It is madening that I cannot seem to locate a motor just a bit smaller than the Align 500mx, which I have used successfully (well, at least I like it ) in my Staufenbiel Falcon. I just need one that is a bit thinner and (possibly, but not necessarily) longer.

I am actually thinking of using its smaller brother, the 450mx 1700Kv with an 8x6 prop. I know from experience that these motors can take huge amounts of abuse, but still 50A may be too much for an 85g motor. Plus, the small diameter of the prop....

Anyway, I am almost certain that my next ship will be the Orion, so I'll probably order one in the next couple of days and keep looking for a good power train.

Cheers,
Nikos
ditman is offline Find More Posts by ditman