View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by cejas_99
Joined Jun 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ombudsman View Post
I maidened my Rx-R Calypso on Saturday. I am using TP ProLite 25C 3S 2100mAh batteries. The battery is placed with its aft end about 1/2" forward of the aft-most position. CG is about at the recommended starting point (1/4" forward of the spar.) I shimmed the horizontal stabilizer 1/8" aft.

Launching was a non-event. At full throttle, climb was very steep, but no drama at all. Climb can be almost vertical if I allowed it to be so. I found that I needed to input down elevator during climb. I could mix that in, but prefer to do it all with my thumbs. The plane is very easy to fly. Glide was impressively flat. Though it was not a "thermally" day, I was able to maintain altitude over the asphalt road and parking area of the park. There was no problem repeatedly turning to pass up and down that area. My first flight was approximately 20 minutes, using 566 mAh of the 2100 mAh battery.

I flew through three batteries on Saturday and again on Sunday. The only "problem" I had is that I took quite a lot of room to land. My flap linkage kit is due to arrive tomorrow.

I am very pleased with this plane. It's beautiful in flight.
Hi, can you show a picture of 2100mAh battery position? Thank you
cejas_99 is offline Find More Posts by cejas_99