Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:15 AM
Find More Posts by krokko
Sweden, Dalarna County, Aspeboda
Joined Dec 2005
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmerl View Post
I was just thinking.

Many years ago I built an OK Pilot (Japanese) 1/4 scale Tiger Moth kit.

In my case the model had very good full size drawings and almost zero instructions (the reverse of your situation).

The model built into a beautiful Tiger Moth that has served me well for 20 years.

mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackie View Post
Hi Krokko,

I don't know if plans would be of any help at this late a stage in your build, but Traplet have various sizes of plans for the Tiger Moth, if it would help, contact them. They are an English model magazine publisher.

I am very seriously considering ordering a set of their Tiger Moth plans and a laser cut short kit (they call it a Laser wood pack) for their 88" span 1.20 to 1.80 4 stroke size, which they offer the short kit of (I think they only offer a short kit of one size). I do not see you mentioning anywhere the span of yours, but if it is 88" and you would like to consider ordering their plan, it is #MW3208.

Sackie
Hello Sackie,

I have their plans for the Tiger Moth. To be short, their plan does not fit the Flair kit, dimensions on span and length are roughly the same, but that's about it. I believe that if you can find all the balsa and hardwood you need then you should be ok with the traplet plan and their laser cut short kit.

My tiger:
Wingspan 2260 mm (=88,9 inch)
Weight 7.3~9 kg
Length 1840 mm

rgds/krokko
krokko is offline Find More Posts by krokko