View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:10 PM
Find More Posts by ssoap
Joined Apr 2008
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
For Spektrum receivers:
You bind your receiver first then you make changes to transmitter settings ( like reverse changes , servo travel changes , etc), so you should always after changing settings on DX6i for your model rebind your receiver so the fail save of the receiver knows the proper new settings !!
I had this problem. NOT ALL ORANGE RECEIVERS ARE FAILSAFE EQUIPED. Look at the HK site and you will see a 7 channel Orange receiver that clearly states "with Failsafe". The others do not have the feature. Also the low end Spektrum (3000 series I think) Park Flyer receivers don't have failsafe. The only Spectrum receiver I have with Failsafe is the 7000 (maybe 4000) model with the remote receiver. It came with my transmitter.

I also don't see it mentioned here too often and I didn't realize I could ""SAFE" the KK2 (and the KK v3) by simply moving the rudder full left at idle. I have had a quad with all the props on go full throttle after I decided to see what would happen if I turned the transmitter off. I was of course holding the quad over my head. It takes a few seconds for the throttle to go back to idle after you turn the transmitter back on.

I suggest everyone try this on their models. I can't imagine watching my quad disappear into the sky on a failure. Or have it jump up in your face after landing because you bumped the throttle while walking with your transmitter on a strap.

Sudsy
ssoap is offline Find More Posts by ssoap