Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:36 AM
Find More Posts by RC Man
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
19,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
You're right I don't think it will be able to cope with S-FHSS and FHSS since there is no need with the 8J being a very specified radio in terms of features.
I added the bit on wait and see what happens with the next firmware update simple because there may be additional hardware that could be made available like a AnyLink type plug in module for FHSS/S-FHSS for legacy systems, like 8FG 10C, 12FG ,12Z and 14MZ.

Robbe has hybrid FASST/FASSTest plug in box for those systems, so theres nothing to stop a FHSS/S-FHSS module at the same time as a firmware update or later.

Hardware wise, I think the 8FG has reached its limit, and has really warmed the Futaba market to a flexible, updatable system at a good price.

The only features I could Futaba adding to 8FG is perhaps conditions in aircraft mode but its already probably the most flexible radio in the price bracket.

I think a FHSS/S-FHSS module would probably sell better in the 14MZ down to 10C owner base. I thnk most 8FG owners would simply upgrade to 14SG, especially the early adopters who have had their systems for over two years now.
I would upgrade to 14SG if I could buy just the transmitter. I already have way more receivers than I need.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man