Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:12 AM
Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
13,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
The robustness of 2.4 is very dependent on the manufacture of your radio. Spektrum has the worst reputation for having RF link problem is high traffic areas. After I switch to Futaba FASST I have never had any more problems.
All Spektrum air systems are now DSMX which has frequency hopping and is arguably the most robust system currently out there, or at least as good as any other. It's certainly every bit as secure in high traffic environment as FASST.

There is nothing wrong with DSM2 unless you are in a massively high traffic area such as a big flying meeting where there may be in the order of 100 DSM2 Tx's all transmitting together, and so a real risk of grabbing the same two frequencies. If you don't fly at big meetings then it's no issue because the Tx will always grab two free frequencies when it's turned on.
Funnily enough the fact that all Spektrum systems are now DSMX frequency hopping should I think mean that the older DSM2 systems are more secure than they used to be in those big flying meetings. There is less and less chance of enough DSM2 Tx's being active to cause issues.
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Last edited by JetPlaneFlyer; Oct 28, 2012 at 03:22 AM.