Thread: Discussion AZ - Chandler Bowl DLG team!
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:54 PM
Find More Posts by carlsoti
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,378 Posts
I plan on attending. I don't think I'll be fighting for spot in the fly-offs, but I'll be there, and flying.

I stopped by the bowl, in hopes I wouldn't have to drive to east mesa to trim over grass. I fully expected the place to be packed, but when I arrived, there was only one person there. Three more arrived before I got the plane in the air. Everyone gave each other plenty of room in the air, and all-in-all, it seemed a lot less DLG hostile than I recall it being. The re-maiden went well, though there are a few adjustments to make, still. The air was light and calm, and there were a few nice bumps, but I didn't want to try scratching for air under 100ft without getting to know the plane a bit more. My last flight was over 2 minutes in not-exactly-neutral air.

Is anyone planning on flying tomorrow, on grass anywhere? I'd like to fly with someone so I have some sort of benchmark to dial my plane in against.

P.S. Switching from the old Blaster giant rudder to the MoBros rudder without altering the linkage mechanics made a huge difference in my left thumb twitchies!
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti