Thread: Question Double horse 9116 Heli
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by CrazyLegsFE
Joined Oct 2012
17 Posts

Hello all!
I think I have made it through all 200+ pages of this thread! Thank you to everyone for their input and making this a fun entry into the world of Electric RC Heli's! I am having an absolute blast with this helicopter. I have ran about 20 (the stock 650 mah and a 850 lipo) packs through her so far and had some very scary moments but she is still in one piece.

I wish the range on the stock TX was better as the wind I have around here it gets pretty easy even with very low throttle to get picked up by the wind lose orientation and chase her across a few fields. I almost lost her once chasing after her for about 1/2 mile through a few fields and across a road.

I nailed the throttle to miss some trees got way to much altitude and when It lost signal from the radio it chopped the throttle but the wind carried her over the road. I expected a heap of parts and/or not being able to find it at all because of the altitude and speed. Sure enough I found it! There was a nice balance bar strike in the tail boom and canopy but that was all.

I'm really wondering were to go next I'm looking at the V120D02S or V200D03 due to the included radio and I'm not scared of replacing parts. I have almost as much fun on the workbench as I do flying. However one of my top 3 reasons for upgrading to something newer is the radio range is very limited on this heli. After some diving circles once you use altitude for speed this thing can really get moving and reach the limits of the stock TX rather quickly. This can be very scary when you hear the motor quit. Despite that this has been so much fun that I have no doubt even after a CCPM heli that this little guy will get stick time.

The only gripes I have are not being able to bind a better TX to it (without having the tail rudder issues). Other than that this was the best 38 dollars ever spent!

Cheers!
CrazyLegsFE is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLegsFE