Thread: Build Log Windlord
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:54 AM
Find More Posts by 142088
Joined Dec 2011
56 Posts
A scratch built Windlord

A picture of a Windlord I built from AMA plans.
A few um alterations were made as always even when I was building kits, however the changes were not structural but cosmetic. One exception to the above statement is the hatch.
I extended the hatch about 2 inches farther aft. Also I left out the little winglets at the end of the elevators.
Otherwise I built it pretty much as Mr. Ken Bates detailed in a build thread from 2008 (I think). Carbon Fiber added to spars etc.
Sorry I post a photo of the fuselage only.
This aircraft is not complete as I still must add the final trim nose weight. I finished it last week to this point.

Mr. Ray Hayes, rest assured I will be buying from your fine firm. In this case I didn't for lack of dollars in 2009 when I started collecting materials.
From an Oly kit I saw the quality and craftsmanship of Skybench is exemplary. Just outstanding IMHO.

I too love woodies, not just because the ARFs are beyond my $$$$, but to me building is a major part of the enjoyment of the hobby.
I take pride when someone asks what is that plane. Who kits it?
Yes I do tell folks of the kit Mr. Hayes offers, but explain I scratch built all my planes except a Bird of TIme kit built when I "came back" into the sport 2008.

Woodies Forever indeed.
Best Regards
and thanks Mr. Bates for a 'plane to try the flying wing deal.
142088 is offline Find More Posts by 142088