View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:05 AM
Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
All the mods you mentioned plus epoxy on gear, secure the aft hatch with pins and pegs if you haven't glued it.
I can attest to the quality of the foam on this plane- flat spin too close to line and people. Took one for safety. Broke wooden prop, folded back gear , slight press on cowl. Epoxied gear at field, changed prop and back in air in 20 mins! Amazing for a foamie. I finally had to change out the tail servos. I was lucky and flew one last flight with a suspected rudder servo (it was centering just fine but I had a feeling). Got down and it was completely stripped! I put TP 90 MGs 14 g in and they seem ok so far. Consider the servo mod to mg, those 17g servos are pretty weak. You may want to do the tail feather stiffening w CF too. See "thread attachments" in the dropdiwn menue for pics of all the mods. Enjoy, hard not to. This thing tracks so well I'm actually practicing IMAC routines with it.
you got lucky . on my first peaks . the tail servo lasted two flights . . so on my 2nd peaks the first thing i did was change the servos and that is the first thing i recomend people to do.
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN