Thread: New Product Csc el-5.8
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:18 PM
Find More Posts by trf_414_m2
Espaņa, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
608 Posts
Thank you very much for your comments, Z-dad

The steering servo is placed almost inline with steering hub, just lightly offset to the left due to the servo design.

The front suspension travel doesnīt exceed any 1/8 forks one, so servo "launching" is not excesive. About CG placement, I had some issues at the very early designs (EL-1.8) due to the use of a verticaly mounted 1800mAh lipo battery (heavy and long) but not about servo placement.

When talking about handling interferences, these kind of suspension system and steering weights much less than a conventional forks, with those heavy triples and stem up there. Servo CG is placed at almost same height (maybe lower in my design) compared with any OTO/ZH/Venom bike.

The "R...dies" 1/8 tyres are not a real product yet. Didnīt find the right rubber for these wheels (in fact I did but discontinued...), but I want to test these wheels in order to check if I can get the same gyro effect with less load. These wheels are open from the inside and I can load them with lead tape to a very big radius.

Farther you place the same weight, more gyro you get. Want to get same gyro at a bigger radius? lower the mass from the inside of the wheel.

Overall bike weight will be lowered but same handling achieved due to the tuned front/rear gyros (wheels) and the lower CG
trf_414_m2 is offline Find More Posts by trf_414_m2