Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:07 AM
Find More Posts by fajar
Indonesia, Special Capital Region of Jakarta, Jakarta
Joined Jan 2011
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
And I posed this question to him:
"It has been reported on one of the forums that if you flick Backlanding switch on the Tx when there isnít at least 7 sat locks, the motors will shut off. Is this correct?"

And the answer:
"if the gps work on the ground is normal , there will be have big than 5 sats when the AP start to work .
if the gps singal is not well , and the sats is less than 5 , you need switch to manual to back landing .
i want to tell you why about the motor is shut when the aircraft in the back landing .
if your aircraft Tilt angle is big than 60 Degree for one second , the ap will be shut the motors .
why the aircraft tilt for this too much defree ?
you need check the value of Vibration and shaking data
"

So, basically he is saying that you cannot do a backlanding if you have less than 5 satellites and if you have less you need to switch to Manual mode.
He is also saying that the only time the motors will cut out is when you have an angle of greater than 60deg for one second, which I see as a safety feature anyway. Can you imagine a hexa coming at you at speed with motors on full throttle. I prefer the motors to cut out.

Rob
thanks for the quotes. I spoke to him over QQ so can't give you the exact quote, I dont know how to bring back past conversations over QQ. But lets look at what he said to you:

" there will be have big than 5 sats when the AP start to work .
if the gps singal is not well , and the sats is less than 5 , you need switch to manual to back landing ."

Now my interpretation on the above passage is different from yours. He didnt say that the system would override RTH instruction if the sats were less than 5. He said "you need switch to manual to back landing". Surely the copter couldnt engage in automatic back landing when flying in manual mode. He means to say, if sat locks is below 5, just fly it back in manual mode. The original quote did not deny nor confirm about motors shutting off when engaging in RTH with sat locks less than 5.

But he did say to me that motors would shut off if I engage RTH with not enough sat locks. You surely got a point there that without adequate sat locks RTH should be disregarded by the system but surely not by shutting off motors. I would prefer the copter to engage in auto land, just like the original DJI Naza's low voltage failsafe.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar