View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:01 PM
Find More Posts by bigcatdairy
speed is always addictive lol
Joined Mar 2009
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBarless View Post
With a 4kg load at 600rtf, safe to say around 7G's. Keep in mind a typical F5D plane will pull close to 35G in a hard turn. You really need to stregthen the main spar for it to work. Make the spar caps thicker and wider. Try to source end grain balsa for the shearweb as it's compressive properties are superior to standard cut balsa. Really you might be better off learning how to mould your own? A balsa F5D will never be as strong as the mouldies can be.

Also, you're doing an awesome job with the build! Looks really nice and it's good to see something different.
slowbarless,

600g of rtf weight is a smooth power train, with standard f5d power i believe the total weight will be around 1kg. means my spar or my wing gonna be stayed in 1 piece with about 40kg of loading at the center and with same of the rest test condition above......

and 35Gs to 7Gs, pretty distance to a real f5d, since i don't have a special work shop and unexperience in molding technique lack of budget etc, i would like to try to use foam core with glass reinforement as a 2nd step, to see what will happen.

anyway, 35~40Gs is my goal, hope to get it. thank you very much for your advise
bigcatdairy is offline Find More Posts by bigcatdairy