View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:48 AM
Find More Posts by Cougar429
Canada, ON, Windsor
Joined Apr 2008
1,441 Posts
Help!
Accu-Glo II Problem

Just received one of these used from another RCG member and cannot get the glow driver to output enough current to light the plug. The instructions are a bit vague as they want the plug connected, start the motor THEN make the adjustments. From what I can tell I could spin the motor all day and it would not fire.

I've checked both measurements with a glow plug connected and the continuity light checks out, the COLD and HOT indicators will change when the recessed pot is adjusted. The output remains approx 1.5V with below 0.9A. So far this has remained the same and there is NO audible alteration with the plug connected or removed or pot adjusted.

The Deluxe Power Panel I removed at least lit the plug and you could hear the high pitched squeal alter with the dial. The reason I upgraded was the ease to determine by feel the direction of the fuel pump and the ready status of the source battery.

Does anyone have an idea if this one lights the plug dry ,(removed from the engine) or only if it detects compression/fuel on the plug filament?

If anyone has a schematic or information on function I would appreciate it.
Cougar429 is offline Find More Posts by Cougar429