View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:23 AM
Find More Posts by tchalfant
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2011
508 Posts
Another brief delay. My son is in Cub Scouts and he had the rain gutter regatta. So we worked on his boat. At 8, he learned working with a band saw, using an air brush, and using tape as a mask. We reenforced lessons learned the year prior on keeping the boat light. We searched patterns and Sam picked one he thought met the lessons of keeping it light.
O.K. this is a little off topic, but please give me this moment to share. Here is the boat he chose.
Name: 10_24_2012_Boat_Races05.jpg
Views: 78
Size: 139.8 KB
Description:
This year is pirate year. Past years were Star Wars, Soldier, Mario Brothers, and the more modern Clone Trooper. As he has been learning about pirates, he struggled with designing a pirate ship and wanting to win a race. Winning was his motivation. But the ship had to have the skull on it.
Name: 10_24_2012_Boat_Races04.jpg
Views: 72
Size: 117.9 KB
Description:
It was fun teaching him using a mask, he drew out the skull and cut it out of painters tape using an x-acto knife. Then he painted the sail with an air brush.
Today was race day.
Name: 10_24_2012_Boat_Races.jpg
Views: 73
Size: 272.6 KB
Description:
He won. First place in his division. I think I am at least two inches taller and my chest has puffed out. That is my boy.

Back to the build.
The receiver is in. I am playing with the fit and will document what I find (it is looking good). The light bar is coming along too. I will try to do some part casting this weekend.
tchalfant is online now Find More Posts by tchalfant