Thread: Discussion The RustiCWave Camera Gimbal
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:48 PM
Find More Posts by mattchase
United States, TX, Seguin
Joined Mar 2005
611 Posts
Hansen, I also lowered my Ki and Kp settings in both rate and attitude, after watching your last couple of videos I figured that might be why my copter in the wind would oscillate a bit. It felt like it flew pretty well tonight, though there really wasn't much of any wind, and it still flew calm / smooth enough for my liking which is why I've kept my settings a little higher in the past (not looking for aerobatic performance on this copter).

I have a pin at the ready but it would seem to need 2 to make it really secure, one for the top clamp block and one for the bottom. I can make it work on the top block but not sure I can get one into the bottom block (the rear CF plate has a hole in it at the same level as the block but it is off center). I had the thought that maybe I could put a pin in the top and have a wire loop or carabiner that attaches to part of the roll cage.

In other news I got the roll belt tightened up tonight, just need to put the gimbal back on the copter and see if it's better. I will do that tomorrow, hopefully outside if I get home early enough.
mattchase is offline Find More Posts by mattchase