View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:30 PM
Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
3,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixed View Post
Hey Guys, just ordered a B2 kit from the Australian HK warehouse and I've come across a slight dilemma about motor choice, because of the limited selection of parts at the Australian warehouse I ended up ordering a NTM 3536 1800kv as the motor for it, after sitting down and having a proper think about it I realised that this would be way over powered and require a fair bit of modification to the motor pod.
I'm planning for the plane to be used as my 'fun' FPV plane, simple board camera and a small 5.8ghz setup.
My other option is using a spare AXN clouds fly motor that I have lying around, with it in a dry AXN I get near vertical performance with a 6x5 prop pulling about 18 amps, this seems far more reasonable to me now.

So does anyone have any experience with the axn motor in the B2 (or B1)?
Hi mate
I'm assuming you reside in the Land Down Under, if so stick yer nose in the Aussie FPV Forum (if you haven't already), no doubt you'll find someone there who lives near to you to hook up for some flying, and there are a few guys who fly these Bix2's and fly with different combos, me included, I fly with a different motor in mine but can't remember which motor I went for, haven't flown for a few weeks and at work atm...
Chase up Gommer or Peril to start with
AussieHoppy is online now Find More Posts by AussieHoppy