Who Would'a Thunk It!?
I have finally applied the aluminium paint to the fuse today. This marks a massive milestone for me and this build. From here on in I can do more fun stuff like weathering and painting on all of my markings, and applying the stencils etc (OK apart from glassing the flaps and ailerons, then filling, sanding , priming, riveting and painting - feels like a backwards step actually!)
The surface detail came up really well with the coat of colour. It was very hard to see in primer but I think adds a nice level of depth to the fuse now
. Of course when this dries for a few days, it will be buffed back with 0000 steel wool to give it a more aged appearance to match the elevators and rudder.
I'm looking forward to beginning the final paint and assembly
Mounting the fuse to the board made it SO easy to move the plane around safely, and there was zero risk of it falling over. Great way to save time painting and do it all in one hit. Highly recommended...
Feels good to be moving forward!
Now to find all my extra bits I made ages ago like the tail wheel doors, oil cooler doors, cockpit, radio mast etc. For the life of me I don't know where the hell I put them! Moving house doesn't help either!
Again with the pics if you're interested in seeing the detail I recommend clicking the images once they open to see the bigger version.
PS Don't ask me why the upload rotated all my photos. I don't know but I'm too lazy to redo them!