Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:33 PM
Find More Posts by V999D02
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
I am starting this thread because i have not found any thread for this heli here at RCgroups. Though HF has a large section devoted to the heli. I just thought that this board could use it's own Gaui X5 FES with microbeast thread. Since i just put one on order that should arrive any day now. It will be my first legit quality Heli and i plan on giving my honest opinions on it's performance. The truth is i can't find anyone saying anything bad about it. So i don't even see a need for a review But here is a place to talk about it. I am moving up from Walkera products like the 4f200, v450 and the v120. They are okay for learning and i have completely overhauled most of them to perform better. But it's time for some quality flight. Plus the high winds here are a pain. I'm sure this heli will handle much better than any of those ever did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd7X6...23DC583C4D2E4C

Key Features:

Newly designed Main Rotor Head and Swash Plate, produces quick control response and best stability.
Kit comes with SCORPION 910KV (1820W) BL Motor / GAUI 100A ESC / 500mm CF Main Blades which
provide the best power efficiency and the best power to weight ratio ratio of all EP helicopters.
New layout for Direct-Drive CCPM servos which results in a precisely control to Swash Plate.
CF main frame combines with integrated CNC servo / motor mounts results in a high rigidity frame
cage to withstand ultimate power output.
Equipped with heavy-duty torque tube driven tail.
Stylish painted FRP canopy.
Overall length: 1000mm (including cabin & canopy).
Main rotor diameter: 1120mm.
Tail rotor diameter: 235mm.
Tail Blade length: 82mm.
Overall height: 343mm.
Overall width: 160mm.
Motor: SCORPION 1820W/910KV BL Motor.
ESC: 100A ESC.
Total weight: 1820g (Equipped with blades and electronics. No battery).
Main rotor blades: 500mm to 530mm.
Flying duration: 4~5minutes with 6S1P (22.2V/4200mAh LiPo).

X5 Upgrades Link

Flybarless E-Stabilizer(FES)

X5 PARTS Link
Congratulations, and welcome to the "GauiGrin" society.

I have had a few 550-600 ships, and I wholeheartedly prefer the X5 over them all.

Good move fella. :-D
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Last edited by V999D02; Nov 22, 2012 at 07:02 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)