Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:41 PM
Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
8,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Hopefully this turns out to be a long lasting thread. I have never heard anything negative mentioned about the gaui x5. Plenty of positive reviews abound. I was considering this heli And still am. ( anyone who knows me, knows I'm a Lil wishy washy on my next upcoming heli ) From what i hear the power to weight ratio is off the hook when it comes to the gaui x5.
As do i, I linked the thread in the other threads where i have been talking about getting one for a while now. So hopefully some of the people interested in or own a Gaui will come over and join the thread. I too am a little bit back and forth when it comes to deciding. Right until the money is in my hand. Then I figure it out. I really couldn't see any reason to get anything else at the end of the day. 6S over 12S makes the heli much lighter. The heli is not all that heavy in the first place and can accept a 4200 mAh pack. 5 minutes with that should be plenty! You can find the packs for under $80 from some manufacturers too. Even if you buy $130 Hyperion packs. Either way, 6S sure beats 12S any day when your pimping on a budget! So for the same amount of money for batteries for either a X5 or Align 600. I get 2 flights on the X5 vs 1 on the align. The X5 parts are fairly cheap and affordable. THE ONE AND ONLY gripe i have so far is that you can't buy a complete screw kit for the heli direct from Gaui. Though a Stainless Steel screw set is available after market. Once i looked at the size comparison i found here: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=439715 That locked the deal for me. Almost the same size as a 600, much lighter and has a really nice electronics package. For the price, the align 600 is not that appealing to me. It looks a little hard to build and repair too. Kind of flimsy with all those gaps in the CF too. /shug. Check it out in the link. But here is some pictures from the above link:

IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk