Find More Posts by dwells
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windependence View Post
Hi Don,

Thanks for staying tuned through my long build. I decided to use Ultracote lite on the fuselage. It is more stretchy than Monokote and it seems to handle the compound curves well but it is a lot of work. We'll see how well it holds up over time to the grass landings around here. How have things been progressing with your Oly III repairs?

Wayne
I understand the long build, no harm no foul in my eyes, the Raven is looking great and should be an awsome plane with all your detail work.

MonoKote is all I've ever used and it's a bear on the compounds. I do like the super glossy finish though of a filmed fuse but it just takes too much time. Maybe I'll try Ultracote on a fuse before I proclaim painting as the way to go.

Slow go on the Oly, the wings were completely destroyed so I'm laying up the inner panels at this time....again . The fuse and feathers are good to go though. All the gear seems to be in good order and function like new.....well....they are new with total air time of about 15 minutes .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells