Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:52 AM
Find More Posts by dwells
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windependence View Post
Well the covering is going on and each day sees a little progress. Covering the Raven fuselage has proven to be a little tricky. All those nice curved lines makes for some difficult covering situations. I am getting through it but if I were to do it again I would give some more thought to painting it. Maybe next time. My multiplex connectors finally came in after being back ordered so now I can also work on wiring up the spoiler servos. I installed the plywood tow hook reinforcement plate but I am going to hold off on drilling the tow hook hole until after final assembly. No need to have a lot of extra holes in the fuselage.

I am going to finish covering the fuselage then it is onto the wings. Those should be a lot easier to cover.

Wayne
Hi Wayne,

Yup, that beautiful curvy fuse looks like some fun covering challenges. What kind of film are you using? I think from now on I'm going with painted fuses as well. It took me 3 evenings just to get the nose on my O3 recovered without any wrinkles. Lots of pulling and stretching and cussing .

Don
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells