Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:40 AM
Find More Posts by warhawk.cz
Česká republika, Hlavní město Praha, Praha
Joined Jan 2007
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woita View Post
Receive signal indicator, RSSI.
I desire for it, the telemetry is fukctional, the signal is present in the receiver, so why not to send the RSSI value to the transmitter? ... I was looking forward to FW 1.09, I am frustrated now, RSSI still is not!!!
I'll guess the reason..

Customers might be frustrated when their RSSI info goes too much low - that is maybe the reason.

As far as I know, for example JETI's Duplex guys can see changing RSSI for both antennas during flight and in some cases, signal goes very, very low but communication is still reliable (and maybe sometimes not :-) ).

If Hitec provides this information to customer, it may escalate to big discussion about one/two antennas, systems comparison, reliability and maybe in lost of confidence into AFHSS. Personally I think, that it is better to keep this information in secret. At least for Hitec. When everything works, there is no need to stress pilot during flight.

I would not be surprised, if Hitec switch to the new concept in near future. Lack of tiny firmware update (one year ?!) speaks for itself.
warhawk.cz is offline Find More Posts by warhawk.cz