View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:15 PM
Find More Posts by bluzjamer
RISC - SCRCC - AMA member
United States, RI, Warwick
Joined Apr 2010
151 Posts
Hi,
I would love to be able to shop at my local LHS and get competative pricing but it is impossible.
The two are priced way out of line. One is close the other is not. Jeff at HURC is 1000 miles away but he answers my emails and ships fast and cheap...tough to go wrong there.
All the big online dealers have screwed up my orders and hard to correct stuff. I learned to use AmEx and let them handle problems. Waiting for an order from HK it is 2weeks + and counting.
RC groups and Watt Flyer are great. Shipping and customer service seems to be the leading downfall of online ordering. Have gotten puffed batteries from some online and had to return on my dime. I sent pictures showing the problem and still had to return is this a good practice?
Sending back an obvious defective lipo, sounds dangerous to me. I have bought a ton of guitars, some directly from china. They are getting quite good at building them, the Koreans are very good at building them close to the USA craftsmen at 1/10 the price. There is a bunch of greed in every industry and that is what drives up prices. Look at wall street and what went on. As always just my $.02.
bluzjamer is offline Find More Posts by bluzjamer