View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:48 PM
Find More Posts by Eltoro
Edmonton, AB.
Joined Sep 2005
11 Posts
1st Time You Tube

I posted on this thread (post #384) before and I just did my first attempt at doing a You Tube Video. A Lady is trying to start a RC Model Boat and Sailing Club in Leduc, Alberta. I did the video as an additional tool to aide her in displaying and convincing the Town Bureaucrats, the "environmentally, unobtrusive footprint" that an RC Sailboat has. They are taking some convincing to granting access to Town ponds for a Sailing venue. As an added benefit to the video maybe help recruit more potential members.

On the first segment of the video, at the helm was a ten year old boy who was passing by in the park with his Mom and had asked if he could have a try at the Helm. He did very well, although he did run aground on the rocks (edited that part out) no damage other then scratched paint. One of many great aspects of this hobby, newbies can be given a Transmitter and can find out first hand how both relaxing and challenging RC Sailing can be.

RC Sailing (6 min 29 sec)

I know my Main needs some reworking. Added some battens and readjustments since, but Sailing Season is over here. Six+ months to built some more boats
Eltoro is offline Find More Posts by Eltoro