: Build Log
Late War PT Boat
View Single Post
Oct 23, 2012
, 01:06 PM
United States, TX, La Porte
Joined Apr 2007
I added some more parts to the searchlight today.
View all Images in thread
I peened the end of the brass rod that fits in the center of the saddle. I used a small brass hammer to do this.
There is a flange that bolts the light and the mast together. I used a styrene piece for this.
From the photo it looks like there were 4 bolts that fastened the two parts together.
I need to trim off the bottom of the bolts but I will do this after I am finished with the light. The problem with the small fittings is that they are easy to lose. And at about 50 cents each it adds up fast.