MK3
Find More Posts by MK3
MK3
Aerial Loitering
Joined Sep 2011
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
?How does the live view on your smartphone via wifi work ? Doubt it will be good for fpv but what about setting up the shot? Any interference with radio 2.4?
GoPro3 doesn't have support for the App yet. On their site it says coming "Winter 2012".

Ok so being a camera guy and all I'll give you all my recommendation.
At home, I have a Canon 60D, Canon 350D, a huge array of thousand dollar lens, 4 different camcorders, 2 of them being completely infra-red, a Gopro 1, a GoPro2. So I know cameras well and I'm what some people call a "pixel junkie".

This is not a "4s" vs iphone 4.. the GP3 is leaps and bounds better than it's predecessors. The image quality is drastically better when you see the raw footage at full resolution on your computer. There is virtually NO noise anymore, particularly during periods like sunset.. or heavy clouds. (I had this issue a lot, and if you think you didn't have a noise problem, check your videos again). The white balance is drastically better and the light balance is a huge upgrade.
The 2.7k which is now my favorite shooting mode... is absolutely freaking stunning.

If you hear about any stock at your local stores, run.. don't walk to get one. And if you get a protection plan from best buy, you don't need to worry about putting a $400 camera on your plane. If you destroy it simply use your plan and get a new one.
MK3 is offline Find More Posts by MK3