View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:25 AM
Find More Posts by Joe 1320
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,606 Posts
You have 45 days from the date of purchase to file a paypal claim. I went though the ringer and the runaround before and on day 44 went ahead and filed a dispute. That's what got HK's attention. Be prepared for HK to then send you a note saying that they will resolve the problem only IF you drop the dispute. Right...... according to paypal, DO NOT drop the dispute because if you do, you cannot refile. If nothing is resolved with another couple of weeks, it can be escalated to a claim. That's when PAYPAL MAKES it right. In my case, paypal had to make it right twice before while HK did nothing. Heck, I couldn't even get them to refund my dough after a month for an order that they never shipped, paypal had to reverse the charges.

Some will claim that you should stick with the program and HK will make it right. Countless others have posted with stories of once the paypal window for filing a claim has passed, HK stops communicating and many post stories of never getting resolution. Within 45 days my friend..... Document all the hoop jumping and if nothing happens, file the dispute on day 44, paypal will make it right. Just have your flame suit on, there will be people who will put the heat on you saying that your expectations of what you get are too high, some will attempt to discredit you and say that you aren't a real customer or that you must work for a hobby shop and are bashing the competition, there is all kinds of crud that you have to be prepared for. No amount of badgering or deflecting the issues should release the vender from the responsability of honoring what they advertise.

The bottom line is that you should receive what is advertised. If you do not receive what is advertised and in the condition that is advertised, and if CS will not make it right..... it is, in effect, stealing from the consumers. Handle it accordingly. Just don't cast off the leverage of paypal in the hopes that at some point in the future it will be made right. That's why paypal has a window of 45 days to file. To hold businesses and individuals accountable for their actions.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Last edited by Joe 1320; Oct 23, 2012 at 12:16 PM.