Thread: Help! 450 Wobble Problem
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:12 AM
Find More Posts by RFDelie
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Thanks for the reply, yes it flew perfectly at first, had to adjust the gain, and give a few trim clicks of cyclic but other than that it was great. I did follow the trex 450 sport manual when I re-assembled the feathering shaft. When I was originally building it, I just backed the screws out and applied threat locker, so I cant say if it was in the right order at first..

At first I thought my problem was with the feathering shaft. I thought maybe it was too tight and therefore stopping the flybar from moving freely, fixed that. My blades were slightly off balance (one had a small chip taken out when it was ejected) fixed that, and ordered a new set of blades. I do test my shaft s by rolling them. Both were fine. I think my difference in pitch was because of my trim, set trims to zero and the blades track better now.

I am going to give it another flight today, if I still get the wobble I will try to increase my throttle. I think you are right about the wind, when the wind kicks up the wobble increases in intensity.

Thanks again for your help.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Last edited by RFDelie; Oct 23, 2012 at 07:23 AM.