View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:16 PM
Find More Posts by sonic liner
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
United States, CA, Los Gatos
Joined Jan 2004
1,249 Posts
Hey pilots.

I just returned from the flying feild after performing my maiden, plus two additional flites.
Last night I spent 2 hours and 19 min putting the Bee together. Its really easy to do.....thats including the program time as well. I had an older JR Max6 FM radio sitting around and decided to put it in the plane. No expo....no duel rates...etc.

I was amazed at how well this airplane flys !. It taxies very good....tracks straight down the runway. The tail takes its time to lift off and this beast has plenty of power using Gens Ace
2100 3S 30 C packs. I was doing some awsome knife edge flite just minutes into the maiden. Kinda weird using the old school trim tabs, but it only needed just two clicks of down trim. The best part was the landing...its one of the easyest planes I have to land. No bouncing.....just flair it at the end.

All and all I am elated at the performance of this Gee Bee and just ordered two more for Xmas gifts. I was alone at the feild because we can fly electric only until 8:30 AM and dont have any vidio, but did snap a few when arriving home of her lounging by the pool.

The only thing I did was to open up three of the hourglass slots in the dummy radial engine by shaving the back side off from the rear. Its in alignment with the cooling tunnel. And I cut away the shrink wrap on the ESC heatsink only, leaving the rest on so it dident come loose. The prop seemed balanced when I bench tested it....so I left it alone. Its sounds really cool on flybys and flies like a .40 size airplane. Happy landings to you all out their !.
Pete
sonic liner is offline Find More Posts by sonic liner