View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:52 AM
Find More Posts by PAinguIN
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Brand Spanking New!!!

Hey guys!

I literally just joined the forums here. I've been a computing/electronics enthusiast for most of my life and am looking to move towards the RC and UAV area.

I've been building systems for High Altitude Photography over the past 3 years and have really enjoyed working on and designing the projects. Because of that, I've found interest in other things and that is why I am here now.

But anyway, this is what I would like to do.

I want to build a multirotor copter (unsure if I should go with quad, hex, etc) similar to the http://store.diydrones.com/product_p/ud-acqrtf01.htm or the http://store.diydrones.com/ArduCopte...d-achrtf01.htm.

I would like to also be able to mount a camera to the device. Possibly a GoPro but a smaller CMOS camera or the like may suffice at first. But I certainly would like to be able to see the video in real time from my base station (or tablet, laptop, smart phone, etc).

I want to build something similar and I want to do it myself because that's where I would have the most fun. The ArduCopter's I linked above are waaay too expensive. Their parts are significantly over priced if you were to buy them individually. Their RP-SMA to U.FL interface cables sell for $4.95. I used these exact same cables in my previous high altitude imagery projects and paid under $2 for them.

Point being, I believe I can build a similar Quad or Hexcopter much cheaper.

I am, however, brand new to the RC world and know nothing about building multirotor copters in the least.

I guess the first thing that I need will be a frame. I've found tons online but am unsure as to which ones will allow the most space for electronics, are durable, etc, etc.

Could you guys offer me some recommendations please? Perhaps their are kits or fully built multirotor copters I can buy and modify with more advanced electronics, engines, etc.

I don't know, that's why I'm asking the guys who do know. Lol!

Thank you all in advance for your help and I look forward to starting on this new and exciting project!

Regards,

PAinguiN
PAinguIN is offline Find More Posts by PAinguIN