View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:42 AM
Find More Posts by Gree
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,960 Posts
Well I put in a massive day on the riveting today, and would have gotten it finished tonight if my $7, 15W soldering iron didn't decide to die after I took a break for dinner! I guess you get what you pay for, but it was perfect for this job. I'll have to try to find another one tomorrow afternoon somewhere, but basically this is going to put my plans to paint tomorrow evening on the back burner

I had been studying multiple reference excruciatingly to try to get the rivets as accurate as possible, and I think I haven't done a bad job, with one or two concessions in total. Jeff will spot them in a heartbeat I'm sure... Putting all of my electronic reference into Dropbox on my computer means I can access it all on my iPad from the basement, but still centrally manage and add to it...

Here are some dodgy shots of the progress today. Another hour would have done it! I also still have to and the screw heads to the fasteners but that doesn't take too long. Oh well, I will go and get some exercise instead I suppose...
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree