View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:13 AM
Find More Posts by deckert
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,646 Posts
I just completed this last week. A few things that I think should be noted,
the tail wheel assembly and control horns are designed to fit 1 way only. The battery tray is designed to hold the pack at an angle and not horizontally. Ask me how I found that out... When the pack is installed in the 'correct' position, CG is spot on. There's an excess of wing servo wires that need to be tucked back/taped down into the wing as to not interfere with the rud/elev servos.

Mine was missing one of the screws for the rudder control horn so I used two servo mounting screws from some old hs 55's. I also used some CA on that horn for 'just in case'. The last issue was my tail wouldn't attach because the 2 blind nuts were full of whatever glue they used during assembly. One of the nicer things that wasn't noted in the review is that FlyZone installed some wing tip skids into the wings.

My kit was the TX-R version. The review is spot on. It parody's the old Gieco commercial of 'so simple a caveman...' Unknown how it flies as of yet because I'm waiting for my photographer to get back from Ca. to shoot some in the air shots. The Tactic adapter comes standard with the square plug to fit a lot of the Futaba TX's.

I'd give this bird a buy rating just for the assembly aspect. Now if my picture taker would get home...grr

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert